I am so excited. I just added the tv show "Eerie Indiana" to my Netflix queue. This show was frigin awesome. I don't know how old I was when the show was on but luckily Netflix says it was on in 1991 which means I was 10. I remember an episode where there was a Tupperware party but it was Tupperware for humans, kinda like coffins, so I guess people could preserve themselves. Haha. It must have been around this time when I was obsessed with The Twilight Zone (with Rod Serling of course), R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike books, and some series called "Scary Stories". I remember checking these books out from the library, reading them, and getting so scared I would hide the books under clothes to ward off the evil. I just loved that stuff.
But the reason I thought to search for Eerie Indiana was because I had just added Twin Peaks to my queue and my reason for that was because I was reading an article in Newsweek about Lost and it referenced Twin Peaks. Netflix says Twin Peaks was on in 1990 but I remember thinking as a kid that the show was too weird for me. Hmmm....I wonder if Netflix has "Thirtysomething", another show I was too young for. This show as I recall was the show to talk about, maybe like what Grey's Anatomy is for today's 18-42 bracket.
I think it's fun how tv can really "date" people. One time at work I mentioned how I was in love with Jared Leto when he was Jordan Catalano on My So-Called Life and the girls I work with said they weren't allowed to watch it. I had to stop and do some math. I was 13 so they were 9. Wow. Four years isn't that big of a deal when you're 30 and 26 but 13 and 9? Eighth grade vs. 4th grade? One recess vs. two recesses? I could go on.
------------------------------------
Everything in LA is one big let down. I don't know why I even bother. LA is like that guy you have a crush on and you take the time to pick out a cute outfit and when you see him he doesn't even notice or worse you don't even see him that day and you've just wasted a perefectly good outfit. Anyway, I just got back from the Bug Fair at the Natural History Museum and basically it was millipedes and bugs with pins through them. I was expecting a greater proportion of lives bugs and not so much the preserved kind. I guess the silkworms were the best. I also did not account for the hordes of children that were there. I do not like children. I do not like their parents. I don't know what's wrong with parents these days but they let their kids get away with murder. I remember being constantly scolded when I was little but these parents must be on the Scientology track where you don't expose kids to any negative energy or whatever. Ugh.
But the reason I thought to search for Eerie Indiana was because I had just added Twin Peaks to my queue and my reason for that was because I was reading an article in Newsweek about Lost and it referenced Twin Peaks. Netflix says Twin Peaks was on in 1990 but I remember thinking as a kid that the show was too weird for me. Hmmm....I wonder if Netflix has "Thirtysomething", another show I was too young for. This show as I recall was the show to talk about, maybe like what Grey's Anatomy is for today's 18-42 bracket.
I think it's fun how tv can really "date" people. One time at work I mentioned how I was in love with Jared Leto when he was Jordan Catalano on My So-Called Life and the girls I work with said they weren't allowed to watch it. I had to stop and do some math. I was 13 so they were 9. Wow. Four years isn't that big of a deal when you're 30 and 26 but 13 and 9? Eighth grade vs. 4th grade? One recess vs. two recesses? I could go on.
------------------------------------
Everything in LA is one big let down. I don't know why I even bother. LA is like that guy you have a crush on and you take the time to pick out a cute outfit and when you see him he doesn't even notice or worse you don't even see him that day and you've just wasted a perefectly good outfit. Anyway, I just got back from the Bug Fair at the Natural History Museum and basically it was millipedes and bugs with pins through them. I was expecting a greater proportion of lives bugs and not so much the preserved kind. I guess the silkworms were the best. I also did not account for the hordes of children that were there. I do not like children. I do not like their parents. I don't know what's wrong with parents these days but they let their kids get away with murder. I remember being constantly scolded when I was little but these parents must be on the Scientology track where you don't expose kids to any negative energy or whatever. Ugh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home