A few "housecleaning" items (pun definitely intended): Yes Lisa I had an error in my crossword. Instead of "paddy", I had "patty". Silly.
Jen at work showed me this David Bowie-esque picture of Ricky Gervais. Totally work the click.
Is anyone watching Dave Chappelle The Lost Episodes? I can never seem to remember when it's on but I read an article in the Times and it sounded like it was akin to watching an imminent train wreck.
Watched Match Point over a span of two days. I had to take a break because the effort to watch was too excruciating. What kind of mediocre bullshit was that? I mean talk about your bad dialogue (part where Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Scarlett Johansson first meet), bad characterization, bad plot, bad, bad, bad. If for some reason you're in the mood for an affair-gone-bad movie, I recommend Unfaithful. At least that had some intense sex scenes in it and none of this take-me-in-the rainy-English-countryside-bullshit. Although, I will make an effort to start using words like "brilliant", "rubbish", and "cross" in my everyday conversations.
I was relaying my woes to another female co-worker today and she apparently is even more bitter than I am. Her therapist recommended she read Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus and then she suggested I read this short story by Dorothy Parker. It's pretty funny if you replace all the telephone parts with either IM or email...
What sort of dreams do you think I'll have if I fall asleep to Juvenile's Back That Azz Up?
Jen at work showed me this David Bowie-esque picture of Ricky Gervais. Totally work the click.
Is anyone watching Dave Chappelle The Lost Episodes? I can never seem to remember when it's on but I read an article in the Times and it sounded like it was akin to watching an imminent train wreck.
Watched Match Point over a span of two days. I had to take a break because the effort to watch was too excruciating. What kind of mediocre bullshit was that? I mean talk about your bad dialogue (part where Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Scarlett Johansson first meet), bad characterization, bad plot, bad, bad, bad. If for some reason you're in the mood for an affair-gone-bad movie, I recommend Unfaithful. At least that had some intense sex scenes in it and none of this take-me-in-the rainy-English-countryside-bullshit. Although, I will make an effort to start using words like "brilliant", "rubbish", and "cross" in my everyday conversations.
I was relaying my woes to another female co-worker today and she apparently is even more bitter than I am. Her therapist recommended she read Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus and then she suggested I read this short story by Dorothy Parker. It's pretty funny if you replace all the telephone parts with either IM or email...
What sort of dreams do you think I'll have if I fall asleep to Juvenile's Back That Azz Up?

2 Comments:
wow you have a comment spam problem!
By
lisa, at 11:43 AM
The only other thing I've read from Dorothy Parker is a quote from her about paganism on my literary shot glass courtesy of Lisa. The short story is a step up.
By
Anonymous, at 4:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home