DING DONG, where's the party?

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I watched the "Thanksgiving" episode from season one of Felicity (yes, I own season one) and it was great. I know this is stupid but Felicity (the show) had a really big effect on me. That's not really saying much though because the most insignificant things always have an effect on me. The Thanksgiving episode, in particular, is really great. Jennifer Garner shows up as Noel's girlfriend and she looks like a humpty dumpty librarian and the whole lot of them (Felicity, Julie, Ben, Noel, Shawn, Elena, Xavier, etc.) all stay in New York for Thanksgiving and they have a big feast in the dorms. So cute!
I've commenced watching the entire season from the beginning and it's reminding me how much I loved Felicity's big sweaters and her big hair and her beat up Converse and I'm pretty sure that's where I got the idea of going to New York in the first place. And the guy who played Brian Krakow on "My So-Called Life" is in a few episodes as is John Cho. John's role is fairly minute but he's really funny. And I love Meghan and her mysterious box.
Kind of a side, kind of not: as more time passes since my break-up with the ex, the less I'm beginning to remember why we ever went out in the first place. Watching Felicity totally transports me back to that time when I was finishing high school and starting college and that was a great time for me and now I'm right back in that same zone. It's like those five years in between when I was with my ex didn't even happen and the sad/scary part is that I'm okay with it.

1 Comments:

  • OMG, i used to be obsessed with Felicity. I used to have dreams that I was Felicity! And I think I wanted to move to NY based on her hijinks too. And that soft music. And Noel with his big brown eyes.
    Mmmm.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home