I haven't been in the mood lately to blog and I can't explain why. I could just chuck it up to being really busy with school, which is true, but that's never stopped me before. I think maybe I just don't want to stop and reflect about anything and would rather just go, go, go.
But today is Friday and I'm home before 5. I'm in bed with a fresh cup of coffee and I have a delightful choice of daytime TV to still watch, such as:
Golden Girls on Lifetime
Roseanne on Oh!
Arthur on PBS
Home Improvement on my TV13
I left my internship early because the plan was to leave for San Diego and be there by dinnertime. That plan was shot to hell when it took me 45 minutes to get home because the 405 on a Friday afternoon is a parking lot. No joke. But now I can decompress and enjoy a much needed and rare reprieve that only Friday-before-5 can offer. I kinda feel like I'm back in high school and it's spring quarter of senior year and we're having gorgeous San Francisco weather and I'm hanging out on the grassy knoll outside the math wing...
I've been preoccupied, since last night, with something Wes was trying to explain to me. His explanation was prompted by the fact that Crystal and I were reveling over how our recent conversation about weed prompted her smoker friend to stop by unexpectedly and our conversation about the episode of Sex and the City where Miranda fears dying alone in her apartment and getting eaten by the cat resulted in the episode being aired on TV and Wes was trying to say that his new agey sister really believes that everyone's brainwaves, or whatever, are connected to the universe and whatever we think is put out there but I countered with the fact that my mind is preoccupied with a certain someone and yo, we ain't together so what you're saying don't make no sense. But Wes implied that I shouldn't be wasting my energy thinking about someone who has no interest in me and my positive/delusional thoughts that I'm putting out in the universe are actually negative thoughts because I know deep down that what I want could never really happen. Huh is right. So now I'm wondering if what Wes says has any sort of validity and if it does then that means I can't even think what I want in the privacy of my own head lest the universe overhears it and hexes me.
F U universe.
But today is Friday and I'm home before 5. I'm in bed with a fresh cup of coffee and I have a delightful choice of daytime TV to still watch, such as:
Golden Girls on Lifetime
Roseanne on Oh!
Arthur on PBS
Home Improvement on my TV13
I left my internship early because the plan was to leave for San Diego and be there by dinnertime. That plan was shot to hell when it took me 45 minutes to get home because the 405 on a Friday afternoon is a parking lot. No joke. But now I can decompress and enjoy a much needed and rare reprieve that only Friday-before-5 can offer. I kinda feel like I'm back in high school and it's spring quarter of senior year and we're having gorgeous San Francisco weather and I'm hanging out on the grassy knoll outside the math wing...
I've been preoccupied, since last night, with something Wes was trying to explain to me. His explanation was prompted by the fact that Crystal and I were reveling over how our recent conversation about weed prompted her smoker friend to stop by unexpectedly and our conversation about the episode of Sex and the City where Miranda fears dying alone in her apartment and getting eaten by the cat resulted in the episode being aired on TV and Wes was trying to say that his new agey sister really believes that everyone's brainwaves, or whatever, are connected to the universe and whatever we think is put out there but I countered with the fact that my mind is preoccupied with a certain someone and yo, we ain't together so what you're saying don't make no sense. But Wes implied that I shouldn't be wasting my energy thinking about someone who has no interest in me and my positive/delusional thoughts that I'm putting out in the universe are actually negative thoughts because I know deep down that what I want could never really happen. Huh is right. So now I'm wondering if what Wes says has any sort of validity and if it does then that means I can't even think what I want in the privacy of my own head lest the universe overhears it and hexes me.
F U universe.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home