DING DONG, where's the party?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My post-op toe recovery has proven to be more difficult and more inconvenient than previously imagined. (I also just want to mention that my fingers are quite frozen as I type this) There has been much hobbling, hopping, and "Hurry up you c**t" comments made by a certain someone, all in good fun of course. The three day weekend was comprised of sitting in bed, sitting on the couch, sitting on a chair while watching a movie. I started off with "Magnolia" on Saturday afternoon. I first saw this movie in a theater in San Diego with Anne. I remember being disturbed by the raining frogs and with Tom Cruise's overt sexuality, if that's even the right word to describe his "Seduce and Destroy" character. I also remember being quite moved with songstress Aimee Mann and have had "One", "Save Me", and "Wise Up" in my music library ever since. Watching Magnolia the second time around, I was struck by Tom Cruise's crooning. I know it sounds crazy but Tom has a really nice singing voice and it's not like when he sings in Top Gun. The whole scene actually is quite moving and thanks to youtube, I can obsess over it at my leisure.



Later that night, we watched Quinceanera. I liked this movie a lot and am left hoping Jesse Garcia makes more movies.

Also managed to squeeze in Season Four of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is an asinine ass and I love to hate him. Season Three is still my favorite.

Watched "Swingers" before going to bed Sunday/Monday morning. When the heck did Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau get so fat? They looked so good in the movie or at least Vince did. I'm going to try to incorporate "You're money baby and you don't even know it" into my everyday lexicon.

And it doesn't stop there. We also watched "Better Luck Tomorrow". Amateurish at best. I don't know what else to say about it except that I know someone in the movie! Totally random. He's a boy in my library program and he has a few lines in the scene where Ben and his buddies are lining up jobs. I wasn't sure at first if it was him but I imdb him and sure he enough he was listed. Too funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home