DING DONG, where's the party?

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blog Number 100!!!

In commemoration of this momentous milestone, I have something very special to share except I must begin with a warning. The following photos are not for the squeamish. They are pictures of my gnarly toe. I had my pre-op on Monday and the doctor is going to operate on January 12th. I will need an orthopedic shoe, which I like to call the booty. I cannot get my foot wet for 3-4 weeks because of the stitches. I will not have a full grown toe nail for 7-9 months. Instead, I will have a scab and a wrapping around my toe. Can you say, Jeez? But if you can stomach looking at my toe, you will be in for a real treat. I started knitting again and I have a baby picture of my beautiful scarf. So here goes. Remember I did warn you these would be icky.

Okay. If you're grossed out, then I'm offended because this is my left foot and my good toe.

Eww!!!! I tried filing down that bit of nail but it doesn't work. Check out the discoloration too.

Side view. Do you see the bumpage under the toe nail?

Ugh. Disgusting right?

Okay, last one. And now the reward for putting up with my grossness.

I just started and am basically 0.004% away from finishing but isn't it gorgeous? I think it looks J.Crew worthy or Banana-ish. If you would like one for say, next Christmas, let me know, and I think I can get it done by then...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home