Just got back from The Wedding Singer, The Musical Comedy. Never in my life did I think I would utter those words. Also never thought that I would say that I really enjoyed The Wedding Singer, the musical. It all started when I decided that I would enter my name for the Wicked lottery ($25 same days seats for the first two rows). I go with girls from work and one of them is meeting a friend so really, we have four chances to win. We get there, and there must have been close to 300 people with the same idea. Long story short, the girl we met up with got her named called. Even funnier is that her friend, the girl I work with, asked her what her last name was and she said Fag-en-baum and I thought "Oh, how unfortunate, She must have been made fun of a lot." But I guess she had the last laugh while sitting in her front row seat for Wicked. So yeah, me and the other girl were abandoned and decided to go buy Student Rush tickets (also $25) for The Wedding Singer.
I'm going to try again tomorrow and again after that until I win. Although, I think I need Anne's luck. A long, long time ago (6 years), Anne and I put our names in for The Rent lottery and they called her name. I still remember that moment when they said "Anne", paused, and I knew it had to be her because they didn't know how to say her last name. Maybe you need a really difficult last name to win these lotteries...
I actually really, really like the movie version of The Wedding Singer and was curious to see what a Broadway rendition of it would be like. It was almost exactly like the movie except that Stephen Lynch who plays Robbie Hart is much cuter and Laura Benanti who plays Julia Sullivan is a much better actress than Drew Barrymore. The George character was spot on. I didn't think the world had another person who looked like Alexis Arquette (brother/sister of David Arquette) who played George in the movie. It never fails. Watching a live production of a musical always makes me wish I could sing and dance. I remember after watching Chicago, Anne and I would go around flailing our arms about in a dramatic fashion while trying to set our thoughts to a catchy tune.
I'm going to try again tomorrow and again after that until I win. Although, I think I need Anne's luck. A long, long time ago (6 years), Anne and I put our names in for The Rent lottery and they called her name. I still remember that moment when they said "Anne", paused, and I knew it had to be her because they didn't know how to say her last name. Maybe you need a really difficult last name to win these lotteries...
I actually really, really like the movie version of The Wedding Singer and was curious to see what a Broadway rendition of it would be like. It was almost exactly like the movie except that Stephen Lynch who plays Robbie Hart is much cuter and Laura Benanti who plays Julia Sullivan is a much better actress than Drew Barrymore. The George character was spot on. I didn't think the world had another person who looked like Alexis Arquette (brother/sister of David Arquette) who played George in the movie. It never fails. Watching a live production of a musical always makes me wish I could sing and dance. I remember after watching Chicago, Anne and I would go around flailing our arms about in a dramatic fashion while trying to set our thoughts to a catchy tune.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home