DING DONG, where's the party?

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Summer shorts, bad shorts, Paris shorts

Summer weather has finally arrived in L.A. and I couldn't be happier. Hot weather means summer shorts and bad tan lines.

Watched Lucky You with Wes on Saturday night and we spied this monster of a Simpsons display. The movie btw was quite lame and Drew Barrymore is just godawful in it. She already can't act but this was more like her a first time acting ever.

Wes is feeding Homer some Red Vines which came from an open pack that he saw was abandoned on a seat after the movie which we proceeded to eat. Yeah, we're that gross and pathetic.

Dang I look really small compared to Homer.

Chillin' with the Simpsons.

Nappin' with the Simpsons.

Sunday ate at Rose Cafe in Venice and because it was such a gorgeous L.A. day, we took a stroll.

My new goal is to spend every Sunday until I leave splayed out on the beach.

Beachfront condos that Wes and Crystal fell in love with. Front view.

Back view.

That same night, we went to go see Ray Lai's short film at USC. Ray is Wes and Crytsal's UCLA buddy who is in film school at USC. His short was called "The Astounding Adventure of Augustus Appleby". It was whimsical, funny, and heartwarming. Three qualities not exuded by his cohorts. I'll stop there before I get too mean.

Afterwards we decided to try out El Gran Burrito on Santa Monica and Vermont. Not so grand but for $4 I can't really complain. The highlight of the night was spying an actual L.A. Metro subway stop. This particular stop must have been designed by the same person who did the Metro in Washington D.C.




As you can see, the subway in L.A. is not frequented so much although in its defense we were there around ten or eleven at night.

Tonight watched Paris, je t'aime at the UCLA Billy Wilder Theater at the Hammer Musuem. This movie, which comes out May 18th, is a collection of eighteen shorts directed by twenty different directors. There were some real gems. My favorites were: the Alexander Payne one, the one with Steve Buscemi, the one with Natalie Portman (who I have a serious girl crush on), the one where the guy gets stabbed, and the Oscar Wilde one. After watching the cringeworthy USC shorts, these shorts were a breath of fresh air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home