DING DONG, where's the party?

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Alas, no shirtless Matthew McConaughey


Friday was the last day of Spring Break. For. The. Rest. Of. My. Life. Decided it was a good day to go hiking in Runyon Canyon, the park in West Hollywood that boasts Matthew McConaughey and Orlando Bloom as frequenters. It was also one of the things/places to do/see before I leave LA.


Absolutely gorgeous day for a hike. The park has two ways to go up. Left and right. We went "left" thinking it was the more strenuous path and we wanted a workout. On the way up, I remember making comments about how yeah, this is the tough way up. On the way down was when we discovered that we had gone the wrong way. The "right" way was actually hillier, rockier and steeper and subsequently I almost ate it a couple of times. In retrospect, the left path was paved. I really don't know why we thought we were being hardcore hikers on a paved road....


After about five mintues.

After about three mintues.

Me.

Wes.

Sprinting to the top.

Wes, when we reached the top.

Nature gives me a runny nose.

"Not" staged at all...

Friday Fanny Pack Redux.

Wes is tall.

I liked this house with the rooftop pool.

"Urban dystopia" or "Two garbage cans and a bench with graffiti on them"

A gopher? Also saw a lizard thingy and butterflies. Ah, nature.

I always get a kick out of the Hollywood sign.

Stunning view? Yes. Smog? Yes.

I think that's the Valley, or at least North.

Wouldn't mind this villa either with the infinity pool.

Note the unpaved trail we should have been ascending not descending.

On our way down, we noticed a small spot of smoke over yonder. By the time we got to Amoeba on Sunset this is what it turned into.

And then a few minutes later. Turns out the fire was started by two teenagers from Illinois lighting firecrackers.

All in all, a really great way to spend high noon on a beautiful Friday, minus the fire.

1 Comments:

  • Dude. Wasn't that fire crazy? I was in Hollywood and couldn't figure out if it was the apocalpyse, a normal fire, or if they were filming.
    Stupid kids.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home