The Audacity of Reading For Fun
I picked up Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope because ever since I heard his name, and went who?, I felt compelled to find out everything about him. I saw him on 60 minutes and was not disappointed.
Also picked up The Kiterunner because everyone keeps saying how good it is and now it's going to be made into a movie. I'll be damned if I watch a movie adapted from a book before reading the book itself.
The Secret was revealed to me this weekend (much thanks to Christine for loaning us the DVD so we didn't have to spend $24.95). I actually have a previous blog (October 27th entry) on The Secret before I knew that it was The Secret I was blogging about. The Secret seems ridiculous at first but I don't mind saying that I watched it twice. The second time around, I watched with pen and paper in hand. It's basically 90 minutes of listening to people say the same thing over and over again but in a slightly different way. For example, The Secret tells you that "You are the creator of your own reality" and that "Whatever it is you are feeling, is a perfect reflection, of what is in the process of becoming." Say what? Exactly. Look out Universe, Nina's in control!
Also watched 300. It was visually stunning and when I say visually stunning I mean it was an endless parade of barenaked torsos. Damn, I gots to get me a Spartan!
Also picked up The Kiterunner because everyone keeps saying how good it is and now it's going to be made into a movie. I'll be damned if I watch a movie adapted from a book before reading the book itself.
The Secret was revealed to me this weekend (much thanks to Christine for loaning us the DVD so we didn't have to spend $24.95). I actually have a previous blog (October 27th entry) on The Secret before I knew that it was The Secret I was blogging about. The Secret seems ridiculous at first but I don't mind saying that I watched it twice. The second time around, I watched with pen and paper in hand. It's basically 90 minutes of listening to people say the same thing over and over again but in a slightly different way. For example, The Secret tells you that "You are the creator of your own reality" and that "Whatever it is you are feeling, is a perfect reflection, of what is in the process of becoming." Say what? Exactly. Look out Universe, Nina's in control!
Also watched 300. It was visually stunning and when I say visually stunning I mean it was an endless parade of barenaked torsos. Damn, I gots to get me a Spartan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home