In Love with Doctor Love
Last night we went to the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Talent Show. I know. Sounds like an oxymoron right? But, goddamn, those med students are a bunch of talented, overachieving, sons of bitches!!! It was called: the price is right "vagus style". According to Eric, "vagus" has something to do with the nervous system. Maybe. Eric was a little faded and I'm a little slow.

Eric (not the one in the tie) scratching on his turntables. Yeah! That's my friend's friend!!!
Yes, one day he will be known as Dr. Love (seriously, that's his name). HAHA. He lipsynched to Shania Twain's "From This Moment" and because it's a duet, he wore this half man/half woman outfit like Two Face from the Batman comic. He won the funny bone award. Who knew med students were so funny?
So this guy "Gunner" wore his white doctor coat (and nothing else) while playing the violin and rapping to his own version of Chingy's "Right Thur" but he was saying something that sounded like "don't ker". I think. But whatever, I was really enjoying the outfit.
Other highlights included a skit called "the lion dean" which is about Dean Parker. Instead of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" it was "Can You Feel the Pulse Tonight?" and instead of "Hakuna Matata" it was "Lacuna Matata". Hilarious. (mmm, I had to look up that last one but fyi "lacuna" is a small cavity, pit, or discontinuity in an anatomical structure).
AND there was a juggling battle or is it juggle battling? Eh. It was entertaining nonetheless. And hottie "USC" juggle boy was also one half of a set of dancing conjoined twins. And there was this a cappella group that sang "Mad World" and "Kiss the Girl".
All's I know is, if my library program tried to put on a talent show, it wouldn't be half as awesome as this was.

Eric (not the one in the tie) scratching on his turntables. Yeah! That's my friend's friend!!!
Yes, one day he will be known as Dr. Love (seriously, that's his name). HAHA. He lipsynched to Shania Twain's "From This Moment" and because it's a duet, he wore this half man/half woman outfit like Two Face from the Batman comic. He won the funny bone award. Who knew med students were so funny?
So this guy "Gunner" wore his white doctor coat (and nothing else) while playing the violin and rapping to his own version of Chingy's "Right Thur" but he was saying something that sounded like "don't ker". I think. But whatever, I was really enjoying the outfit.Other highlights included a skit called "the lion dean" which is about Dean Parker. Instead of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" it was "Can You Feel the Pulse Tonight?" and instead of "Hakuna Matata" it was "Lacuna Matata". Hilarious. (mmm, I had to look up that last one but fyi "lacuna" is a small cavity, pit, or discontinuity in an anatomical structure).
AND there was a juggling battle or is it juggle battling? Eh. It was entertaining nonetheless. And hottie "USC" juggle boy was also one half of a set of dancing conjoined twins. And there was this a cappella group that sang "Mad World" and "Kiss the Girl".
All's I know is, if my library program tried to put on a talent show, it wouldn't be half as awesome as this was.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home