DING DONG, where's the party?

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Can Die Happy

I MET JULIA LOUIS DREYFUS TONIGHT!

Elaine. From Seinfeld.

I told her that I loved, loved, loved her on Seinfeld and that she is the funniest actress ever!

So what happened was that I went to go see Will Shortz, editor of the New York Times crossword puzzle, talk at UCLA and I was in the front row and I turned around and noticed a man two rows behind me who looked like one of my professors and then I noticed the woman he was with and I thought "Gee, that woman looks like Elaine. Wait a second. That is Elaine!" She looks exactly the same except with slightly curlier, frizzier hair and less make-up but still very adorable.

At one point, I even heard her laughing and she laughs just like Elaine did with that sorta horsey, funny laugh. Love it!

After the talk, I made my way over to her row and just as they were leaving and headed toward the stage, her husband was blocking my way so I had to say "Julia" and she turned around and I smiled and she smiled and I blabbered away. Eeekkkkk!!!!

What a great night and Will Shortz signed my crossword puzzle book and told me to find the Al Hirshfeld crossword the Times did for him when he passed away. Apparently, Al had a daughter named Nina and he would hide her name in his drawings and the crossword for his death has 19 Ninas in it. Neato.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home