Nina's Playground
Unlike the "Sex and Candy" song by Marcy's Playground, Nina's Playground is more along the lines of "Sweat and French Fries". Yeah, my combo's not as sexy but it's real dammit.
This is definitely an interesting time in my life. I'm not sure where I pictured myself at 26 but for sure I didn't think I would be in New York looking over the "etc." jobs on Craigslist wondering if I have the stamina to be a dog walker on the Upper East Side or contemplating just how attached I am to my eggs.
I feel like Kramer. I think I am Kramer. Don't get me wrong. I love, love, love being in New York, sweat and all, but it's just a funny feeling to have graduated from grad school at UCLA and to be unemployed. I swear I went through this four years ago. Maybe that's because I did go through this four years ago except this time, I know exactly what I want to do, I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to come along.
Everyone and their mom forwarded this article in the NY Times about hip librarians to me. Maybe one day I can join their tattooed, income earning ranks.
Thankfully, summertime in New York has an endless array of free events and cheap happy hours for the young and unemployed. I've been busying myself with free concerts and $2 PBR.
There was finally a day of reprieve from the humidity which meant I could actually step outside and enjoy the day. New Yorkers sunbathe in the park. Such a strange concept.
One of the free events. CitySol festival by the East River.
Thanks to buddy Shaneeza and her dad's season tickets, I got to watch the Mets beat the Reds today. For free seats, I still managed to spend $20. It's a crime that they charge $7.25 for Miller Lite. Geez.
This is definitely an interesting time in my life. I'm not sure where I pictured myself at 26 but for sure I didn't think I would be in New York looking over the "etc." jobs on Craigslist wondering if I have the stamina to be a dog walker on the Upper East Side or contemplating just how attached I am to my eggs.
I feel like Kramer. I think I am Kramer. Don't get me wrong. I love, love, love being in New York, sweat and all, but it's just a funny feeling to have graduated from grad school at UCLA and to be unemployed. I swear I went through this four years ago. Maybe that's because I did go through this four years ago except this time, I know exactly what I want to do, I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to come along.
Everyone and their mom forwarded this article in the NY Times about hip librarians to me. Maybe one day I can join their tattooed, income earning ranks.
Thankfully, summertime in New York has an endless array of free events and cheap happy hours for the young and unemployed. I've been busying myself with free concerts and $2 PBR.
There was finally a day of reprieve from the humidity which meant I could actually step outside and enjoy the day. New Yorkers sunbathe in the park. Such a strange concept.
One of the free events. CitySol festival by the East River.
Thanks to buddy Shaneeza and her dad's season tickets, I got to watch the Mets beat the Reds today. For free seats, I still managed to spend $20. It's a crime that they charge $7.25 for Miller Lite. Geez.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home