DING DONG, where's the party?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

That Great Ape

I just finished watching the greatest love story in the history of the universe, King Kong. Yup, I cried like a baby. I rented King Kong because I wanted to see more of Adrian Brody after watching Darjeeling Limited. There's something about him, his swagger, his bravado, his machismo that I find irresistible until of course I saw Kong. Man oh man, did that ape love her! And man oh man is my taste wacky.

I'm really enjoying the soundtrack to Darjeeling especially the French song at the end and everything by the Kinks.

There's a bunch more stuff on my flickr site although I must say, as someone who catalogs and organizes information for a living, flickr sucks. I'm only allowed three sets and a max of 200 photos just because I refuse to pay for a Pro account?!!! Whatever. I also didn't have the patience to go through and label ANYTHING but I think the Chicago set is worth a look. It'll distract you for about 5 minutes.

What else? I'm reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay and Michael Chabon's new book The Yiddish Policeman's Union is getting rave reviews and I should know because I just edited one of them at work today. Fun! Chabon might be my new hero since I just learned that he wrote a short story for McSweeney's in 2002 called The Final Solution where he resurrected the character of Sherlock Holmes. Man oh man, I needs to get me a copy of that and read it while wearing my Sherlock Holmes hat which people can confirm actually exists.

Am also newly obsessed with Ira Glass. At my former temp job, I had the leisure of listening to my iPod for eight hours and caught up on This American Life podcasts. I soooo heart him and heart him even more after seeing him at Moma last week where he showed up for a CMJ event.

Can you tell that's him? Trust me it was.

And here's Tusky modeling Ira-like glasses (hahahaha) which are part of my 2007 Halloween costume.

1 Comments:

  • i'm going to see ira glass too next year when he comes to berkeley! we bought tickets like a year in advance.

    By Blogger lisa, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home