DING DONG, where's the party?

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Shenanigans Continue

I'm fully aware that my blog has been very image heavy lately and that's because 1) NY looks good this time of year and 2) they make for quick and easy blog posts. But I'm sure there are many of you who would like to know what else I'm up to when I'm not hamming it up in my ugly sweater.

Reading: The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon
-just finished reading The Final Solution also by Chabon
-stopped halfway reading Wonder Boys again by Chabon (so that I could read The Yiddish)
-Yes, I really like him despite his super idiotic wife.

Am also reading Catching the Big Fish by David Lynch, crazy film director man. It's this little book about how Transcendental Meditation changed his life. He's so kooky but it's interesting because he sort of alludes to how he came up with those weird scenes in Twin Peaks and Eraserhead.

Watching: Extras Season Two
Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant must be the funniest comedic writing duo in all of history.
Merchant as Darren the Agent is amazing and Ashley Jensen who also plays that Scottish chick on Ugly Betty is also brilliantly fantastic. Also, iTunes has new free podcasts of The Ricky Gervais Show. Go download it now!

Now that episodes of my favorite shows are definitely in reruns and the writer's strike doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon, I've had time to cultivate a whole new slew of favorites including:
30 Rock
Gossip Girl

Listening: Nina's Christmas playlist
Includes: Wham, Mariah, Barry Manilow, Stevie Wonder, among others

Musings: Why am I not "out there" dating?
Beats me. I'm a catch. Or maybe it's because of my "dour expression" or that like all New Yorkers I suffer from a "depressimistic mentality: cynicism and self-defeatism".
These quotes are from idiotic Time Out dating columnist Julia Allison. I'll link the full article once it's available.

Enough of that. Here's more pics!


Rockefeller Tree

I bought the hat solely for picture taking.

Saks across the street.

LOL ninanne new ultimate pose!

L.O.L.

Very pretty indeed. I wish I was someone important so I could cut in line and go skating.

I liked their set up last year better.

We made our way up 5th Avenue and hit upon the displays at Barney's which are more like art installations. The theme was "green". Not sure how Crocs make the planet better though...

Those are soda can lights along the bottom.

Leo and his polar bear.

Not sure what Bette contributes either.




Tonight was dinner/gift exchange night. We ate at Otto, which is Mario Batali's most affordable restaurant. This was such a good idea. I think everyone appreciated this girls night out. Me, Anne, and Kristen.

The gifts.

My pizza! Ham, chiles, butternut squash, and olives.

Anne's pizza. Potato and anchovies.

Kristen and Alison.

My favorite thing all night: the olive oil gelato!!! Also had vanilla and hazelnut. The olive oil gelato really tasted like olive oil and no, not gross at all.

Black and White something or other. Delicious.

Next up: Work Holiday Party. Everyone keeps telling me not to expect too much, that it's a very low key affair. I'm sorry but Nina and low key don't go together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home