DING DONG, where's the party?

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Nina Does (NY) Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving in New York was pretty nice. I had four days off, lots of cheese in the fridge, and Season 5 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Wednesday I went to go look at the Macy's Day Parade Inflation. This is where the night before the parade you can go to the area around the Natural History Museum and look at the balloons sitting and waiting. This whole idea was also a good episode of Seinfeld when Jerry accidentally pops the Woody Woodpecker balloon that Mr. Pitt was going to walk with. There were tons of people and we were ushered along like cattle trying to get our photo ops.

Shrek. And check out those apartment buildings in the background!

Shrek's hands tied down with what I assume are sandbags.

Mr. Potato Head.

Frosty.

Kermit.

Yellow sandbags.

Macy's star.

The Energizer Bunny in the wee background.

Scary clown.

My idol.

Scoobs.

More Macy's balloons.

I think it's so funny that even if she's happy she always looks like Debbie Downer.

Thanksgiving Day I went to check out the parade around Herald's Square. It wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be although I was far from the immediate action. This was just a nice tree in the area.

Other peeps.

I don't get why he's horizontal.

I wonder if they've ever had the Ghostbusters marshmallow man as a balloon.

See, Dora's upright.

It really looks like she's exploring 34th St.

This was cool.

Came home and made Cauliflower Endive Gratin a la Martha Stewart. It would've tasted as good as it looks if I hadn't mistakenly put in a tablespoon of salt instead of a teaspoon. Why do they make the tbsp and tsp abbv. so similar? Or am I the only moron who thinks so?

Brought my creation to a potluck. Pictured: Matias (host), Justin (friend of host's friend and my friend), Justine (host's friend)

Plate number one. I had the nerve to get a second plate that looked exactly like this one but only because I scarfed down the first one and needed the second for taste.

Good times!

Yum! Honestly, there wasn't much talking because we were all so busy eating.

I liked how Justin applied the Redi-Whip. Not the usual dollop but all over.

Heated game of Catchphrase. I might even be better at this than Taboo. Most Memorable phrase of the night goes to Mary Ellen for:

Rhymes with Dick Sashay (NICK LACHEY) She swore she didn't know who he was and was forced to rhyme.

So yeah, Thanksgiving in New York was really very pretty nice and good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home