Faux-Lee-Edge Report and My Fun Filled Saturday
I didn't think anything could beat summertime in New York but alas falltime has beat it hands down. I've never actually seen it, but Anne said she saw a Foliage Report on the news. I guess that's akin to a Surf Report out in SoCal. Since then, I have been obsessed with the trees. They just don't look like this in California. At least I don't think so.
Trees in the Bronx by work. Anne dubbed them Rastafarian.
I honestly don't think trees in SF ever become this yellow.
View from the rooftop patio at work. That's the Bronx River and interestingly, the cluster of buildings across the way are the Columbia Medical Center buildings in Washington Heights where I used to work.
These are trees in Tompkins Square Park in my hood. I pass by them every weekend on my walk to the track.
Bare trees in Alphabet City.
Isn't that lovely?
It occurred to me that I've never taken a picture of the track where I go running. Nice trees.
A bit of the river and perhaps Brooklyn.
The Williamsburg Bridge.
It's also occurred to me that I've never posted pictures of my street. This is Avenue A and Saint Marks.
Walking west toward First Avenue.
Turning around to look back at Avenue A and the entrance to Tompkins.
My building! I live in the "Led Zeppelin" building. It was used for his album cover for Physical Graffiti. Also the name of the thrift store that is now "underneath" the building.
It has character.
View when I step out the front door. I didn't realize until now that the buildings are red, white, and green.
View from my stoop of First Avenue.
After my run, I checked out the Canstruction exhibit at the New York Design Center. For the past 13 years, they've had this competition where design firms construct stuff out of cans and then they donate the cans to food charity places the day before Thanksgiving. Why can't all art be like this? This I get.
Awesome.
Polar bears.
Peace sign made out of peas.
My favorite!
Continued.
Apple and a worm.
Lochness.
Gumball machine.
Shark.
Piggy Bank.
Our favorite! (Crystal)
Car.
Hungry Hungry Hippo.
Humpty.
Easter Island Schmo.
Empire. I thought this was a good view and since I've been reading Amazing Adven of Kav & Clay, I had to throw it in here.
I was pretty ambitious today. After the cans, I made my way over to Central Park to check out Wollman Rink aka where John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale skated in Serendipity. This rink is too effin cute.
Duck pond.
Like Holden, I too worried about the ducks.
I couldn't get out of Central Park because couples kept asking me to take their picture. When I did, I headed straight to the immaculate Apple cube and gawked at the immaculate iTouch.
Then went next door to F.A.O. Schwartz. How awesome are these?
Scabbers!!!!
I haven't had one of these I'm-going-to-roam-around-because-I-have-nothing-better-to-do days in awhile. It was great. Got hungry and remembered that the Burger Joint at Le Parker Meredien was on my never ending places to eat list and I was in the area. It's sorta like a fake hole in the wall since it's inside a fancy pants hotel. What a great idea.
Very small indeed.
This cost $14.50. That's a bit pricey considering I can get a burger (with bacon) and fries for $3.50 at Epstein's on Sunday but whatever, I'll try anything once. Of course, the $4.50 chocolate milkshake was completely unnecessary yet completely satisfying. The burger was better than Shake Shack but still not as good as In-N-Out. I've pretty much given up on finding an equivalent. I'll just settle for a decent knock-off.
After much confusion and ending up in freakin Queens on the F (I really don't want to get into it but I'll say this: the rules for the subway on the weekend are completely thrown out the window and god help you if the downtown F train doesn't stop at 57th so instead you have to take the uptown F to Roosevelt Avenue but you mistake this for Roosevelt Island and get off prematurely (ha) and wait who knows who long for another train. This is precisely why I don't leave the island. My rant reminds me of my days of confusion on the L.A. freeways. Oh, how things stay the same.)
Right, so I was trying to get to Bryant Park to look at the free ice skating they have there. Not as cute as Wollman.
But here is another nice shot of the Empire.
Trees in the Bronx by work. Anne dubbed them Rastafarian.
I honestly don't think trees in SF ever become this yellow.
View from the rooftop patio at work. That's the Bronx River and interestingly, the cluster of buildings across the way are the Columbia Medical Center buildings in Washington Heights where I used to work.
These are trees in Tompkins Square Park in my hood. I pass by them every weekend on my walk to the track.
Bare trees in Alphabet City.
Isn't that lovely?
It occurred to me that I've never taken a picture of the track where I go running. Nice trees.
A bit of the river and perhaps Brooklyn.
The Williamsburg Bridge.
It's also occurred to me that I've never posted pictures of my street. This is Avenue A and Saint Marks.
Walking west toward First Avenue.
Turning around to look back at Avenue A and the entrance to Tompkins.
My building! I live in the "Led Zeppelin" building. It was used for his album cover for Physical Graffiti. Also the name of the thrift store that is now "underneath" the building.
It has character.
View when I step out the front door. I didn't realize until now that the buildings are red, white, and green.
View from my stoop of First Avenue.
After my run, I checked out the Canstruction exhibit at the New York Design Center. For the past 13 years, they've had this competition where design firms construct stuff out of cans and then they donate the cans to food charity places the day before Thanksgiving. Why can't all art be like this? This I get.
Awesome.
Polar bears.
Peace sign made out of peas.
My favorite!
Continued.
Apple and a worm.
Lochness.
Gumball machine.
Shark.
Piggy Bank.
Our favorite! (Crystal)
Car.
Hungry Hungry Hippo.
Humpty.
Easter Island Schmo.
Empire. I thought this was a good view and since I've been reading Amazing Adven of Kav & Clay, I had to throw it in here.
I was pretty ambitious today. After the cans, I made my way over to Central Park to check out Wollman Rink aka where John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale skated in Serendipity. This rink is too effin cute.
Duck pond.
Like Holden, I too worried about the ducks.
I couldn't get out of Central Park because couples kept asking me to take their picture. When I did, I headed straight to the immaculate Apple cube and gawked at the immaculate iTouch.
Then went next door to F.A.O. Schwartz. How awesome are these?
Scabbers!!!!
I haven't had one of these I'm-going-to-roam-around-because-I-have-nothing-better-to-do days in awhile. It was great. Got hungry and remembered that the Burger Joint at Le Parker Meredien was on my never ending places to eat list and I was in the area. It's sorta like a fake hole in the wall since it's inside a fancy pants hotel. What a great idea.
Very small indeed.
This cost $14.50. That's a bit pricey considering I can get a burger (with bacon) and fries for $3.50 at Epstein's on Sunday but whatever, I'll try anything once. Of course, the $4.50 chocolate milkshake was completely unnecessary yet completely satisfying. The burger was better than Shake Shack but still not as good as In-N-Out. I've pretty much given up on finding an equivalent. I'll just settle for a decent knock-off.
After much confusion and ending up in freakin Queens on the F (I really don't want to get into it but I'll say this: the rules for the subway on the weekend are completely thrown out the window and god help you if the downtown F train doesn't stop at 57th so instead you have to take the uptown F to Roosevelt Avenue but you mistake this for Roosevelt Island and get off prematurely (ha) and wait who knows who long for another train. This is precisely why I don't leave the island. My rant reminds me of my days of confusion on the L.A. freeways. Oh, how things stay the same.)Right, so I was trying to get to Bryant Park to look at the free ice skating they have there. Not as cute as Wollman.
But here is another nice shot of the Empire.

1 Comments:
maybe my fave blog entry since your move.. Finally a visual tour of your everyday walks in the city, Love IT. Everytime i see the trees i think of the park scenen in When Harry met Sally. and the CAN art... love it. i think i'll get a mcD soft serve cone today. mm..
Question??? where are the pics of the New York jewish white boy hotties that you're suposed to meet?
By
Anonymous, at 2:48 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home