DING DONG, where's the party?

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Columbia Boys Are More Attractive

Instead of heading straight home to sit and wait for Ugly Betty, I headed over to the Morningside Heights area where Janice was going to be part of an Interfaith LGBT panel discussion at Riverside Church. I had an hour or so to kill so I wandered over to Tom's Restaurant aka Monk's aka where Jerry and the gang hung out on Seinfeld. I only took a picture because I didn't want to be a loser and eat in there alone. Anne and I ate here once before on our first trip to New York. That was fun.

Instead I ended up eating this monster of a jumbo pizza.

At Wes's suggestion, albeit unrelated to this, here is my iPod case (which is actually Crystal's) next to the pizza for a little perspective. It was gynormous and only three bucks.

I then wandered up the street and onto the Columbia campus. Ah, academic life. I kinda miss it. This is a picture of what I thought was the Columbia Butler library. Only until I walked all the way up and inside did I realize it's only the old fancy pants library with no actual books in it. So why did they make it look like Peter Parker was on his way to the library in Spiderman?!

This is actually Butler. My precious UCLA student ID got me in. (I left my International Librarians ID card in my other jacket) This library is pretty nice. Kinda like Powell at UCLA but maybe even better because they had this "older" section of the library with card catalogs and a mezzanine area tucked away in between bookshelves with little areas for reading. I honestly might go back this weekend just to sit and read.

And yes, I was struck by the fairly attractive men in the Columbia area. Or maybe it's just because I'm so used to seeing severely skinny boys with bad EMO hair all trying their hardest to look like they don't give a shit walking around in my NYU hood.

Also watched Knocked Up last night. Holy cow that movie is hilarious. Boys are so gross yet extremely amusing.

There are about ten thousand (or five) places in the city to go ice skating. Maybe I can get to one this weekend. A couple of spins around should suffice.

2 Comments:

  • Wow. That pizza is huge.

    By Blogger Wesley, at 7:10 PM  

  • my ipod case??? thats is totaLLLY yours. are you still keeping the camera in there or the ipod?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home