Remember that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie has just broken Aidan's heart for like the hundredth time (it may be the first episode of season five) and she talks about how she doesn't need a boyfriend because she has New York as boyfriend? Well, that's me. Absolutely. I am so in love with this city and I seriously cannot pinpoint exactly why. I love sitting on the subway and watching the Bronx pass me by. I'm just like J.Lo except I'm not "On the Six" but "On the Two". I love strutting down 43rd street through Times Square and making faces at all the slow tourists. I love traipsing through Central Park and smiling to myself whenever I see another cute New York dog. I think maybe I like New York because it's so real. Or maybe it's just because I'm new to it or it's new to me and I'm making it my own.
And I especially love that time when you think you may like someone and nothing is serious and you can joke about stuff and be carefree but at the same time savor that feeling of anticipation and suspense and play over and over again those thoughts in your head about "What if...?"
And I especially love that time when you think you may like someone and nothing is serious and you can joke about stuff and be carefree but at the same time savor that feeling of anticipation and suspense and play over and over again those thoughts in your head about "What if...?"

1 Comments:
I guess you did write Aidan. I apologize, and blame it on my new hard contacts which are killing my eyes, but according to my eye doctor who I've seen once a week for the past two months, I will adjust to them.
By
Anonymous, at 4:45 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home