DING DONG, where's the party?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I should be feeling frantic for a number of reasons (finals still not over, leaving for New York in four days and have yet to pack) but instead I feel giddy. No, more like a soda can that's been shaken for a few hours and is ready to burst. I am so, so, so ready for summer to start! This past weekend when my mom was here, I was acting as if I didn't still have a paper to write or a presentation to put together and it felt great. I forgot how nice it is to not have school work looming over you and being able to enjoy a weekend.

I was a bit reluctant to post any pictures from my mom's visit because I look like a fat cow in all of them. Man, when did I become so un-photogenic? It has definitely been a gradual transition to this current state of fatdom. Below is the picture taken by random guy mentioned in previous post. How much more unattractive can I get?

We're facing Mann's Chinese Theatre but my mom, being my mom, was more impressed with the Kodak Theater because that's where they have American Idol. Go figure.

My mom's visit summed up by eateries:
1) Barney's Beanery in Santa Monica (pictured below)
2) Todai (we only went here because I had a $50 gift certificate, the meal was amusing because we both couldn't stop complaining about how god-awful the food was but we felt compelled to eat nonetheless)


3) Jack n' Jill's (in Beverly Hills)


4) Palms Thai Restaurant in Hollywood (they actually advertise themselves as the place where Hollywood hipsters go and they are famous for their Thai Elvis)

5) Wat Thai of Los Angeles (luckily we went on a Sunday when they had food vendors and my mom was delighted by the assortment of goodies)

I was torn between showing her a good time and dispeling any notions she might be having about moving down here after she retires. Here we are on the UCLA campus.

1 Comments:

  • are you visiting new york or moving there? i'm confused by your "about" section -are you moving there?? jealous!

    By Blogger lisa, at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home