DING DONG, where's the party?

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Have been 25 years young now for 2 hours and 16 minutes. Let's recap shall we?
-1 Gin & Tonic
-1 shot of jager
-3 pieces of cake
-1 favorite song: "Hip Hop Hooray"
-1 favorite pal: Crystal
-1 new "acquaintance": John, friend of Crystal
Not bad, not bad and the best part was that the cake wasn't even for me. We went to two clubs and each had someone there celebrating a birthday. Let's hear it for June 3rd! Whooo!!! Let's hear it for Firecracker in Chinatown! Whoo!!! Let's hear it for cute-ass guy at Firecracker who called Crystal out for wearing her Giants T-shirt! Whoo!!!
A night of no expectations was unexpectedly met with good times.
----------------------------------------
Add birthday email from The Kola Nut Club KOLA 99.9 in Riverside to my list of salutations.
As well as a forced "Happy Birthday, Nee-nuh" from the ex-boyfriend/roommate.
--------------------------------------
And the mellow birthday celebration continues:
So, I literally turned back time this morning but not in the way that Superman did when he spun the Earth around so that Lois Lane wouldn't die. My back to the future was because last night, in my foggy haze at 3am, I set the alarm but somehow also managed to set the clock one hour ahead. So this morning when I did the snoozing game for like three hours and thought it was 1 in the afternoon, I checked my phone for missed calls and noticed it said 11:43am. What the hell? But my alarm said 12:43pm. Hands down the best feeling ever. I commenced rolling over and sleeping for another hour.
At one point during my half-sleep, I remember wondering to myself why my parents hadn't called and then I realized I left my phone in my purse and sure enough I had two missed calls at 8 in the morning. I called the parents and talked to my dad and I told him I felt old now that I was 25 and he actually scolded me and started talking nonsense about the "life cycle" and how you're only as old as you feel. Apparently he's 57 but feels like a young 50.
---------------------
Perusing my new issue of Jane mag and my eye caught an ad for "Just a Drop", the personal bathroom odor eliminator. "If you're at a party, friend's house or at work, one drop in the toilet before you go effectively eliminates bathroom odors on contact-every time!"
Immediate thoughts that crossed my mind when I saw this:
1) ooo, I gotta try this
2) sounds like something David Sedaris would write about
3) how many people out there are really worried about the lingering smell they leave in the bathroom?
4) so does that mean if I do the "courtesy flush", I have to add another drop? Or does this also eliminate the need for a courtesy flush? I personally do not like the idea of my excrement sitting, waiting, wishing right below me and piling up. eww

1 Comments:

  • Happy birthday!

    Criminy, you're young. That, and I think you definitely have enough moxie to take on NYC.

    Happy birthday! Happy birthday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home