DING DONG, where's the party?

Thursday, August 17, 2006

So I tried to recreate the magic of New York on Tuesday, my first day going back to work. I walked from my new place on Manning to Westwood. It was six blocks of sunshine and empty sidewalks. This is a picture I took from the bus stop. How appropriate. A Hummer and a Mercedes.
Walking in L.A is just not the same. I couldn't really even enjoy listening to the "Jersey Boys" on my iPod. I think I was distracted by the immense blue sky and the lack of traffic noise...


This is a picture I took of a squirrel on my walk back from the bus stop. The damn thing was high-roping it across what, a phone line? I'm not really sure. We stopped and had a staring contest.

I have to preface this next picture by bringing up the Seinfeld episode about nonfat frozen yogurt. So Jerry and his friends find a nonfat frozen yougrt place that is super good and no one can stop raving about how good it tastes and of course, it's nonfat! But it turns out that it actually isn't nonfat and instead is super bad for you.
So pinkberry is exactly that except it has yet to be outed for being bad for you. This stuff is so freakin good. I literally took one bite of the frozen yogurt and exclaimed "Damn, this is good shit!" And no, it is not soft serve ice cream. It is literally soft serve, frozened, yogurt! And it is delicious. And when you get the medium for $4.75 it comes wth three toppings. I had mines with raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. It doesn't get anymore antioxidant than that.


Crystal accidentally spilled red wine on the carpet during Project Runway and after my initial screams, we blotted it with paper towels and poured salt on it. It would have been nice, if at the time, I could have rememebered that the proper thing to do would have been to pour club soda on it, blot, then salt. Oh well. That house cleaning tip is from an epsiode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season Three, which everyone needs to watch.

1 Comments:

  • wow, i just watched that episode tonight! i have been watching the first four seasons this entire summer. the fourth season is my favorite so far - 'um yes i'm calling about the wildness? something going wild?'

    By Blogger lisa, at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home