DING DONG, where's the party?

Sunday, February 10, 2008

La Lunar

It is so, so, so, so cold right now! I'm in my room typing with gloves on because my fingers are frozen. My heat pole is piping hot (finally) but it's not enough because I can feel the wind slipping through the window. At one point today, the temp was 22 degrees but "feels like" zero with the wind chill. ZERO!!! I was probably only outside today for a total of ten minutes (5 minutes to the subway to work, 5 minutes from the subway to home) but trust me, 10 minutes of freezing cold creeping into my clothes is quite enough for the day. I finally understand the need for a Spring Break and why knowing whether or not that groundhog saw its shadow matters (it did btw which means we have six more weeks of winter). The cold, of course, doesn't stop me from going out (usually).

Friday went to a reading at Pianos. It didn't last very long and it wasn't very good. But Janice came and I haven't seen her in awhile hence the festive SoCo and lime shots (for me, Janice, and Anne).

Post SoCo.

Mas SoCo at another bar on the way to dinner. I bowed out because I am a wimp and party pooper and fearful of ending up on the bathroom floor (again). LOVE Janice's "fuck it, it's Friday" expression.

LOVE Janice's "oh yeah, smooth...." expression.

Shots on an empty stomach and being turned away from a super packed taco place will conduce otherwise normal people to do very gross things such as eat Doritos on the street.

Those chips really hit the spot.

After waiting for a very long twenty minutes out in the cold, we finally got to sit and order our tasty Ethiopian food. I haven't had Ethiopian food since my first trip to D.C. in Winter 2000. I didn't like it very much so never bothered to seek it out again. This time around I enjoyed it very much indeed. This was a very limey avocado appetizer.

We ordered a combo meat plate with lamb etc etc.

Monsters.

Sunday was the Lunar New Year Parade in Chinatown.

This was on Bayard St. where the parade ended.

I used to be afraid of those poppers just like her!

It was damn cold too.

I really like this shot.

Cynthia lives right on Bayard so we watched from her roof.

I've never seen a black dragon before.

Commi building across the street.

Kids doing some martial arts stuff.

And of course some noodles to extend my most prosperous life.

This was sooooo made for me.

This has nothing to do with New Year just a funny picture of Tusky on laundry day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home