DING DONG, where's the party?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wolfeman

The man in full himself. I wonder if he really does wear a white suit all the time. He was very cool. Talked just like the Southern gents he writes about. Like he said memwahs (memoirs). He read from two of his books, Bonfire and Right Stuff, and read from a soon to be published book Back to Blood. I just started reading Bonfire and I LOVE it. I can't think of a more appropriate book to be reading right now what with the Spitzer stuff and the chaos on Wall Street. It's been twenty years since Bonfire and not much has changed. Even cooler that I work in the South Bronx just like Lawrence Kramer.

And here are some more burgers I've eaten. These are from Pop Burger, the deal being you get two mini burgers for $5. No one told me they raised their prices to $6.


They were nothing to write home about, though, despite their size, I was pretty full afterwards.

An assortment I got from Venieros: cheesecake, raspberry tart, cannoli. All excellent.

What else, what else? I did my taxes, sort of. I thought I had finished them early but last week I got my NY return sent back because there was missing info. Thanks for nothing stupid H&R Block program! After a couple of calls to the Department of Taxation and some of my mine own minor number crunching and filling in some blanks, I mailed it off. At that point, I felt like Homer did when he balled his tax return with tape and chucked it at the Post Office on April 15th. I will honestly have a stroke if it gets sent back again.

I also briefly met a friend of a friend who is in a grad program for environmental policy. For about 5 minutes, I had a Nina moment and wished I had studied environmental policy but then I found a job posting at an environmental company in NY that is relevant to what I did study so now I'm setting my sights on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home