DING DONG, where's the party?

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Return of Softball Nina

I think I have allergies. I've never had allergies before so I'm not sure but I'm very congested and my nose is running and I'm sneezing. I took a couple of airbornes but it didn't help. What's confusing is that my symptoms started on a somewhat nice day but continued well into today which is rainy. I thought allergies had to do with pollen in the air and I just figured pollen can't hang in the air if it's moist. I guess not. It's annoying though because now my ears are a bit stopped up. Boo.

The sporadic nature of my blogs is no good for people who want to know how I'm doing. My mood pretty much changes by the hour. I guess I need to upgrade to live blogging. I also noticed that by the time I sit down to blog my fervent feelings have subsided and I no longer what to blog about it or as in the case of my previous entry, I was soooo keyed up, I probably shoulda taken a moment to work shit out (I think that's a song lyric).

Which is why I like to rely on pictures. They capture the moment quite literally and are, for the most part, objective. I need to be more diligent about my picture taking. For instance, I did not get a picture of:

-Clive Owen at Apple SoHo. Boy was he dashing! And trim! He was there as part of the Tribeca Film Festival and me and Ellen went to go gawk. He's a very good interviewee and I must watch more of his past movies.
-Me eating at Shake Shack. I went yesterday with Rachel because the Shake camera informed me that there was barely a line. I enjoyed it much more this time around, probably because I didn't have to wait 45 minutes.
-Me at the ballet. Anne got free dress rehearsal tickets so we got to see Verdi's The Four Seasons and West Side Story, ballet style. I enjoyed The Four Seasons a lot. It's nice to see something purley visual and auditory (there must be a better word for that).
-Me watching Mansfield Park and The Wire. I took a Facebook quiz to find out which Jane Austen heroine I am most like and it was Fanny Price of Mansfield Park. That's one of the few Austen interpretations I haven't seen so I immediately requested it from the library. It was great and I am sooooo like Fanny! And The Wire. Damn, it is intense. I actually have to take a few days break after watching an episode. Something disastrous just happened to Keema and. . . I can't talk about it. It's too soon.
-Me without Internet and cable from Sunday-Wednesday of last week. Add to that the fact that Kim was in Spain and I really felt like I was on a deserted island. Yeah, I'm exaggerating a little but it does feel weird not to be able to google something and have instant information gratification.
-Me reading The Wisdom of Donkeys. This is one of the books where my job as a reviewer of book reviews actually became useful. I read a review of this book and it sounded really great. Who wouldn't want to travel through the South of France on a sweet, placid little donkey? This guy has read everything that has ever been written about donkeys and there's a lot! I never gave donkeys much thought but they have been transporting humans for a long time. Like Jesus and Muhammed. Next Nina. I really wish I could try out one of these situations. The idea of living in a small village in a cottage somewhere in the English countryside with my chickens and donkeys sounds so great to me but I wonder how long I could really last.

Anyway.

Finally saw the Cai Guo-Qiang exhibit at the Gugg. I would've taken more pics but I didn't want to be kicked out.

My favorite was the one with the wolves running into a glass wall.

OH MY GOD. Artichoke pizza is the new Souplantation. I say that only because I have been here three weeks in a row.

Their specialty is the artichoke pizza which is only $3.50 a slice and is the size of my head. It's basically spinach artichoke dip on dough.

HAHAHAHHA. This was Mr Douche at softball. Who else would wear a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off except a douchebag? The UCLA alumni in NYC started their softball season and this was the first day, last Saturday. Gorgeous beautiful day for softball and me and Rachel had a really good time. I actually had three hits but failed to make it to first base each time. Douche turned out to be not so douchy afterall, just chatty as hell.

HAHAHAHA. This was game night at Sherilyn's in PARK SLOPE. That is in Brooklyn which is probably going to be my new home. This was us playing The New Yorker game. You make captions for New Yorker cartoons. Sorta like Balderdash.

More Brooklyn fun this time at the Brooklyn Flea in Ft. Greene. This was a little disappointing because it's not as cheap and as authentic as everyone keeps raving about.

Just a bunch of white people with money to burn.

I'll stop now because my fingers hurt and I've lost hearing in my right ear.

1 Comments:

  • always good to assume somebody is a douche based on their shirt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home